1) What is the purpose of this FAQs?
To explain the project and how QuantumQarbon can help conserve forests.
2) What Indigenous People are involved?
The Lega People & Tribal Leader of Shabunda, DR Congo, Africa, are involved.
3) Where is the project located?
Shabunda rainforest territory, the Democratic Republic of Congo, Africa.
4) What is the threat to the rainforest?
Encroachment by human activity & development in part due to population growth.
5) What is a QuantumQarbon?
A "quantum" is a measured quantity, in this case, miles traveled or area developed.
6) What is being sold?
QuantumQarbon when purchased conserves rainforests & biodiversity also avoiding emissions.
7) How is biodiversity involved?
Biodiversity is protected when intact forest is conserved and forests are restored.
8) What are avoided emissions?
Protected, undeveloped forests retain carbon that otherwise is lost if developed.
9) Why are avoided emissions important?
They also protect Indigenous Peoples land & biodiversity & slow global warming.
10) How much does the product cost?
One hectare of conserved biodiversity, rainforest & avoided emissions costs $49.99.
11) What is the minimum purchase price?
$4.99 USD, payable online by diverse fiat and cryptocurrencies.
12) Can I use a credit card, bitcoin and other forms of payment?
Yes. All payments are made online.
13) Where do I purchase products?
Purchase QuantumQarbon products here: https://shabunda.myshopify.com/collections/all
14) How are products verified?
Intact forest is verified by high resolution remote sensing to detect deforestation at small scale.
15) What is the project benchmark for deforestation verification?
The project must show No-Net-Loss of forest canopy per year.
16) What happens if the forest is not conserved?
Sales and proceeds are halted, the project is evaluated & corrected.
17) What do I receive after purchase?
A numbered certificate of QuantumQarbon purchased, link to project map & blog.
18) Is this an investment product?
No. This is a consumer, non-investment, product.
19) Can the products be traded?
QuantumQarbon certificates can be informally exchanged as gifts or traded among friends.
20) Will the value of the product increase over time?
This is a buy-and-hold product whose future value is unknown.
21) Who should buy the products?
Individuals, corporations, cities, governments or any entity needing QuantumQarbon.
22) What connection to the project will I have?
We will connect you directly to the project with updates from the field.
23) How long does the product last?
Each hectare is pledged to be conserved for up to 30 years, purchased by year.
24) Who determines the project land rights and project goals?
The Lega People and Tribal Leader of the region.
25) Are environmental and social safeguards in place?
Yes. We have safeguards in place for the project.
26) Is this the initial part of the project?
Yes. This is Phase I of a two Phase project.
27) How long will Phase I last?
Phase I will be completed within 2 years but is subject to success of initial operations.
28) What does No-Net-Loss (NNL) mean?
NNL means that there is no loss of forest and biodiversity during the project in Phase I.
29) Why buy the products offered?
It will prevent deforestation and support Indigenous communities who protect the intact forest.
30) Are the products linked to Social Development Goals (SDG's)?
Yes, they are linked directly to Shabunda SDG's.
31) What benefits result?
Indigenous People receive economic, health and social benefits while protecting the forest.
32) How will the proceeds be used?
Proceeds are used according to a community development plan for Shabunda.
33) Does the plan include healthcare, nutrition and sanitation for communities?
34) Will my purchase help delay global warming?
Yes, indirectly. Trees absorb CO2 partially offsetting global warming.
35) Is the project part of the Paris Agreement (PA)?
No, but PaC is seeking PA compliance for project QQ.
36) Is there further project development planned?
Yes, we plan to monitor forest CO2 uptake in Phase II.
37) What is the goal in Phase II?
The goal is to increase forest cover, biodiversity and conservation as Net-Gain in Phase II.
38) Is reforestation planned?
Yes, Phase II also involves reforestation along a buffer zone and in deforested areas.
39) When will Phase II begin?
The estimated start of Phase II is in June, 2022, pending success of Phase I.